The Bank of Geneva moved into 58 Park Place in
1821 to be near the center of business activity. Number 56 was built in 1822.
The two houses were originally built as 3. The fire wall and the vertical line
on the bricks, as well as the window openings, show the middle building that was
split between two dwellings on either side.