A frame building was constructed here in 1796
as Clark’s Store. A general store continued in this brick building when the
entrance was on Park Place. When an addition was built on a 10 foot alley,
entrance was moved around to Main Street.
An addition was built in a 10-foot alley on the
south side, then around 1927 the entrance was moved to the addition, facing Main